Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant
Department or Practice: Berkshire Pediatrics
Location: Pittsfield, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Part-time
The Medical Assistant is responsible for rooming patients and assisting physicians, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs and RNs at CHP’s Medical Practice site as requested. The Medical Assistant contributes to a work environment that is innovative, caring and collaborative and supports the mission and vision of CHP and compliance protocols. Must be available to travel to different sites in Berkshire County. This position is part- time 24hrs per week. There may be additional hours available floating to other practices if desired. The position may require some weekends.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Welcomes and escorts patient to exam room and preps patient for visit
- Accurately obtains and records patient’s vital signs, weight, height, etc.
- Accurately completes documents related to patient visit (for insurance billing/follow up care)
- Assist providers with exams, diagnostic or therapeutic procedures as requested.
- Directs patients following office visits.
- May performs EKG’s on selected patients after appropriate training and competency training.
- Prepares laboratory request forms and ensures accurate labels and records on all specimens.
- May deliver specimens to designated areas.
- Retrieves lab results and x-ray reports etc. as needed.
- Performs patient intake to assist practitioner in directing patient care per written protocol.
- Communicates with outside agencies as directed by the practitioner.
- Retrieves x-ray reports as needed. Obtains results of lab and other diagnostic procedures when requested
- Cleans and restocks exam and treatment rooms as needed.
- Ensures follow-up booking and scheduling for patient as required by patient care plan.
- Accurately obtain information from patient’s to ensure patient is appropriately triaged per protocols.
- Answers patient’s call to ensure timely response to their issues.
- Cross Trained to provide backup Patient Services and Front Office Duties
- Changes /updates service profiles to accommodate practitioners scheduling needs.
- Pre-registers patient at time of appointment scheduling
- Answers, screens, and routes outside calls to appropriate areas.
- Supplies information to callers and records messages.
- Performs clerical duties as requested.
|Education and/or Experience:|
Massachusetts Medical Assistant Certification is required. Medical Office experience is a plus, Electronic record experience is a plus.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage projects and personnel.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations;
- Works respectfully with staff.
- Responds promptly to customer needs;
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service;
- Responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Meets commitments and is punctual.
- Follows policies and procedures;
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time;
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Flexible: Willing to step in when needed and crossed trained for additional administration/dental coverage or other site management as needed.
- Must have medical protocols/competencies reviewed yearly by CHP’s Supervising RN or clinical trainer.
- CPR certified.
- Spanish speaking/Bilingual skills (nonessential but preferred)
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional client/patient situations.
- Responds promptly to patient needs.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Meets commitments and is punctual; strong work ethic.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Flexible: Willing to step in when needed and crossed trained for additional administration/medical reception coverage.
- Professional manner; approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, managing difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality;
- Keeps emotions under control.
- Professional, welcoming, and pleasant personality.
- Consults CMO, Human Resource Director, COO or Practice Manager when dealing with Human Resources issues unrelated to clinical issues.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
|Oral and Written Communication:|
- Responds well to questions.
- Takes careful and accurate notes.
- Follows up on messages and ensures delivery of messages.
- Composes/types letters if requested by administration.
S/he must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. S/he must possess the ability to have difficult conversations in such manor where the employee feels valued, yet expectations are clear and consistent. Spanish speaking/Bilingual skills are a plus.
To perform this job successfully, anindividual should have excellent computer skills, including knowledge ofMicrosoft Office. Electronic Medical Records Experience is a plus.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter, resume and application to:
|Email: email@example.com |
| Mail: Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources |
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. Great Barrington, MA 01230
Download PDF for more information.