Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant
Department or Practice: Neighborhood Health Center
Location: Pittsfield, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full- time, benefits eligible
Community Health Programs seeks a Certified Medical Assistant to join our primary care practice, located in the heart of Berkshire County. The Medical Assistant is responsible for rooming patients and assisting Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs and RNs as requested. The desired candidate has a pleasant and welcoming personality and is willing to travel to CHP’s various practices in Berkshire County if needed. This position may require some weekends.
The Medical Assistant contributes to a work environment that is caring, collaborative, and innovative. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Welcome and escort patients to exam room; prepare patient for visit; accurately obtain and record patient’s vital signs; perform patient intake to assist provider is directing patient care per written protocol; assist providers with exams, diagnostic or therapeutic procedures as requested; direct patient following the visit.
- May perform EKG’s on selected patients; prepare laboratory requests and ensure accurate labels and records on all specimens; deliver specimens to designated area; retrieve lab results and x-ray reports; clean and restock exams rooms following a visit as needed.
- Change/update service profiles to accommodate providers scheduling needs; answer, screen, and route outside calls as necessary; supply information to callers and record messages; perform clerical duties as requested; communicate with outside agencies as directed by provide.
- Answer patient calls/messages to ensure timely response to their issues/inquiries; pre-register patient at time of appointment scheduling; accurately obtain information to ensure patient is appropriately triaged per protocol; ensure follow up booking required by patient care plan; cross train to provide backup patient services and reception duties.
- Have clinical protocols/competencies reviewed yearly by supervising. RN or clinical trainer; maintain CPR certification.
|Education and/or Experience:|
Massachusetts Medical Assistant Certification is required. Medical office experience is a plus as well as electronic medical records experience.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments.
- Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit each of the following:
– Letter of Interest
|Applications accepted by:|
Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. / P.O. Box 30
Great Barrington, MA 01230