Job Title: Certified Nurse Midwife
Department or Practice: Barrington OB/GYN
Location: Great Barrington, MA
Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and completion of an accredited Certified Nurse Midwifery program. Current, valid and unrestricted Massachusetts Nursing License.
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full-time, benefits eligible
Applicant must be a United States citizen.
Community Health Programs is currently seeking a full-time, full-scope Certified Nurse Midwife to join our growing OB/GYN practice consisting of 2 Physicians and 2 Certified Nurse Midwives. This team works together to provide care at our Great Barrington, MA office in southern Berkshire County in close collaboration with Fairview Hospital.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Conduct physical exams and take detailed medical histories.
- Diagnose and treat women with acute and chronic illnesses.
- Prescribe appropriate pharmaceuticals when necessary.
- Admit, manage and discharge hospitalized patients.
- Order and interpret laboratory and diagnostic tests.
- Promote healthy lifestyles.
- Manage and prevent sexually transmitted diseases.
- Create individualized wellness, education, reproductive health and counseling plans.
- Call coverage is required.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Participates in patient care audits for quality assurance and utilization reviews to maintain and improve patient care standard of excellence.
- Maintains medical professional standards and knowledge by regularly attending medical conferences, seminars, continuing education programs, and by teaching medical residents, medical students and practitioners.
- May provide administrative management input for staff performance reviews, hiring decisions, disciplinary issues, etc.
Services are provided in partnership with CHP’s seasoned OB/GYN physicians, nurse practitioner, office staff, and Fairview Hospital’s Labor and Delivery Service. The CNM must be able to work well within a dynamic team and have strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen to patients with empathy and understanding.
|Oral and Written Communication:|
Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Must be able to deal tactfully and patiently with clients. Establish and maintain records, reports, and statistical data. Maintain effective working relationships with other related agencies and professionals. Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office. Electronic Medical Records Experience is required.
To apply for this position, please submit an application, letter of interest and resume to:
|Email: email@example.com |
| Mail: Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources|
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. Great Barrington, MA 01230