Job Title: Director of Operations
Department or Practice: Administration
Location: Great Barrington, MA & various locations
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full-time, benefits eligible
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Operations works closely with the Chief Medical Officer, Practice Managers, and Lead clinical staff to provide support to all staff in the assigned clinical and administrative site(s). This position oversees the daily administration and operational activities of the site(s). Plans, develops and implements systems that assure the sites’ smooth operation. This person works collaboratively with the medical staff and all other departments to ensure that the goals of the health center are accomplished.
The Director of Operations contributes to a work environment that is caring, collaborative, and innovative. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Facilitate communication among Practice Managers, staff, other Directors and departments; facilitator for communication among staff members; schedule meetings to collect and disseminate information; distribute written communication as needed.
- In collaboration with Chief Operations Officer, ensure that all patients presenting for care are seen in a timely manner; ensure clinical and support staff scheduling is appropriate staffing levels to maintain site target goals.
- Collaborate with clinical supervisors to formulate the review policies, establish procedures and standards to eliminate problems in the areas of patient care, workflow and to enhance quality and consistency of patient care.
- Collaborate with Chief Operations Officer to conduct effective, accurate and timely performance appraisals of non-clinical staff; redirect behavior not in line with health center guidelines or performance expectations working with Human Resources in a timely fashion; evaluations include examples that illustrate statements.
- Act as part of the interview team for hiring and ensuring adequate orientation and training of all staff members at the site(s); communicate performance expectations during orientation and monitor compliance with performance standards; mentor and train all staff on the non-clinical aspects of their job duties; set realistic goals for personnel to maximize productivity.
- Work with site Practice Managers on all scheduling functions related to reception, medical assisting and nursing departments- including coverage for absences, vacations and illness; ensure time and attendance for all clinical and non-clinical staff is documented appropriately.
- Responsible for oversight of daily practice flow; check clinic schedules in Nextgen to ensure accuracy and report back to COO.
- Collaborate with the Quality Coordinator in ongoing quality improvement programs to ensure that quality safety and appropriateness of services are evaluated, monitored and appropriate actions are taken.
- Proponent of the improvement process; initiate and evaluate strategies which improve patient care and departmental services; participate in health center-wide quality assurance activities as requested; assesses sites needs and recommend changes as needed.
- Assist Chief Operations Officer to ensure that systems which support providers are well coordinated with the work of the providers, including nursing, reception, prior authorization and referral support.
- Foster a positive work environment by monitoring job satisfaction and identifying and supporting staff education and development; conduct and facilitate various meetings and interactions to ensure health center effectiveness; participate in all scheduled departmental meetings and other center-wide meetings as requested.
- Ensure all customer service issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Assist Chief Operations Officer with documentation and computerized and paper files of all risk management requirements.
- Frequent travel to various CHP sites.
|Education and/or Experience:|
A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred and at least five years of experience in ambulatory healthcare particularly in health centers. Experience and/or training in management/supervision strongly preferred. Computer skills including word, excel and EMR experience.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance; confidence in leading and instructing others; ability to delegate effectively.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments.
- Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit each of the following:
– Letter of Interest
|Applications accepted by:|
Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. / P.O. Box 30
Great Barrington, MA 01230