Job Title: Early Learning Mentor
Department or Practice: Family Service: Parent- Child Home Program
Location: Great Barrington, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Part-time
The Early Learning Mentor (ELM) will conduct bi-weekly 30 minutes home visits to families within the Berkshire Hills Regional School District to provide caregiver mentorship towards school readiness for children age 1.5 to 3.5 years-old. This position requires a commitment of 15 to 20 hours maximum weekly for a 26 week period.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Complete the required number of 16 mentor training hours.
- Provide strength-based mentorship and education through individual home visits using the Parent-Child Home Program model.
- Request referrals for services needed from the program coordinator.
- Completing a Home Visitor Record for each home visit in a timely manner.
- Obtain signatures from the caregiver at each home visit.
- Sign-out each visual intellectual stimulation material (VISM) utilized from the VISM inventory.
- Complete all required assessments required for funding sources and the lead agency in a timely manner.
- Attend group supervision for two hours weekly.
- Treat each participant with respect and professionalism at all times.
- Provide a supportive and safe environment for families to grow and learn.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of anything that is seen or heard in a participant’s home
|Education and/or Experience:|
Knowledge of child development, specifically for ages 0-4 years. Experience working with families or children in some educational or mentoring capacity. Relevant experience in education or human services. Experience working with high risk families a plus.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Ability to relate to parents/caregivers as equal partners; provide a supportive environment; be nonjudgmental and flexible in adapting to the home setting.
- Must be able to maintain a professional relationship with the families.
- Must have good communication and listening skills, and be able to work with families of diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Must be able to travel to homes in safe inclement weather conditions to provide services.
- Must be able to successfully complete a Criminal Background Information Record check.
- Must have a car and valid driver’s license for transportation to family homes. Must be able to meet the physical demands of home visiting.
Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit an application, cover letter and resume to:
|Mail: Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources |
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. Great Barrington, MA 01230
Download PDF for more information.