Job Title: Family Medicine Physician
Department or Practice: Community Health Center
Location: Great Barrington, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full- time, benefits eligible
Community Health Programs seeks a board eligible or an experienced board certified Family (all ages) Medicine Physician to join our primary care practice in Great Barrington, MA, nestled in the heart of the Berkshires. This full time physician will join a dedicated team of healthcare providers and will provide comprehensive and continued care. This will include routine and emergency office based care while supporting health promotion and providing preventative medical care to CHP patients. The call coverage for this position is 1:8, phone coverage only.
CHP offers excellent starting salary (commensurate with experience) and highly competitive benefits. CHP will sponsor successful candidates who desire and H1B or J1 visa and who meet all CIS requirements for same. In addition, qualified candidates will be eligible for loan repayment programs under the NHSC.
The Family Medicine Physician contributes to a work environment that is caring, collaborative, and innovative. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Provide comprehensive and continuing care to CHP patients; obtain records of patients health history; perform comprehensive physical assessment as part of a total physical examination; diagnose, treat, and plan appropriate healthcare for patients; refer patients to physicians and/or outside agencies as required; establish and maintain patients electronic medical records and other necessary records.
- Provide and prescribe medications within area of specialty; perform laboratory procedures and interpret lab results; provide case management services for select clients; provide group, community, and individual patient education; participate in the on-call physician group.
- Participate in patient care audits for quality assurance and utilization reviews to maintain and improve the patient care standard of excellence; maintain medical professional standards and knowledge by attending continuing education programs; may provide administrative management input for staff including performance reviews, hiring decisions, disciplinary actions, etc.
Provide supervision to professional and allied health care staff, such as Nurse Practitioners, Physicians Assistants, RNs, LPNs, and Medical Assistants, engaged in the delivery of patient care.
|Education and/or Experience:|
This position requires successful completion of academic requirements of an accredited medical school, must be board eligible or board certified. Electronic Medical Records experience is required. Maintain medical professional standards and knowledge by regularly attending medical conferences, seminars, continuing education programs, and by teaching medical residents, medical students and practitioners.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Thorough knowledge of medical techniques and procedures, medical and lab equipment procedures, and medication; proficient in use of medical and laboratory equipment; skill in diagnostic procedures for diseases and the drug therapy needed for treatment.
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments.
- Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit each of the following:
– Letter of Interest
|Applications accepted by:|
Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. / P.O. Box 30
Great Barrington, MA 01230