Job Title: Family Nurse Practitioner
Department or Practice: North Adams Family Medicine
Location: North Adams, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full-time, benefits eligible
Community Health Programs seeks a Family Nurse Practitioner to join our primary care office located in the heart of the Berkshires. The Nurse Practitioner provides specialized nursing services in areas that may include: women’s health, family planning, primary and pediatric care. The NP’s duties will be performed under the general supervision of the CMO. The NP is responsible for providing guidance to RNs, LPNs, and CMAs.
The Family Nurse Practitioner contributes to a work environment that is caring, collaborative, and innovative. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Obtains records of patients health history; performs comprehensive physical assessment as part of a total physical examination; diagnoses, treats, and plans appropriate healthcare for patients; refers patients to physicians and/or outside agencies as required; establishes and maintains patients electronic medical records and other necessary records.
- Provides and prescribes medications within area of specialty; performs laboratory procedures and interprets lab results; provides case management services for select clients; provides group, community, and individual patient education.
|Education and/or Experience:|
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of nursing, master’s degree in nursing, and completion of a state acceptable nurse practitioner’s program are required. A minimum of one year’s experience is preferred. National certification in specialty is preferred.
Necessary special requirements: Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse; certified by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Nurse Practitioner; prescriptive privileges; DEA.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual shoulddemonstrate the following competencies|
- Thorough knowledge of nursing techniques and procedures, medical and lab equipment procedures, and medication; proficient in use of medical and laboratory equipment; skill in diagnostic procedures for diseases and the drug therapy needed for treatment.
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments.
- Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit each of the following:
– Cover Letter
|Applications accepted by:|
Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. / P.O. Box 30
Great Barrington, MA 01230