Job Title: Internal or Family Medicine Physician
Department or Practice: North Adams Family Medicine
Location: North Adams, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full-time, benefits eligible
Community Health Programs seeks a board eligible or an experienced board certified Internal (patients 18+ years of age) or Family (all ages) Medicine Physician to join our beautiful, brand new primary care practice in North Adams, MA, nestled in the heart of the North Adams medical community, in the Northern Berkshire region. This full time physician will join a dedicated team of healthcare providers and will provide comprehensive and continued care. This will include routine and emergency office based care while supporting health promotion and providing preventative medical care to CHP patients. The call coverage for this position is 1:8, phone coverage only. CHP offers excellent starting salary (commensurate with experience) and highly competitive benefits. CHP will sponsor successful candidates who desire and H1B or J1 visa and who meet all CIS requirements for same. In addition, qualified candidates will be eligible for loan repayment programs under the NHSC.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Supervises other health care professionals such as nurse practitioners and physicians assistance.
- Maintains appropriate medical records on assigned patients.
- Participates in patient care audits for quality assurance and utilization reviews to maintain and improve patient care standard of excellence.
- Maintains medical professional standards and knowledge by regularly attending medical conferences, seminars, continuing education programs, and by teaching medical residents, medical students and practitioners.
- May provide administrative management input for staff performance reviews, hiring decisions, disciplinary issues, etc.
- Participates in the on-call physician group.
- Performs other related tasks or duties as required by the position.
Provides supervision to professional and allied health care staff engaged in the delivery of patient care.
|Education and/or Experience:|
This position requires successful completion of academic requirements of an accredited medical school.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage projects and personnel.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations;
- Works respectfully with staff.
- Responds promptly to customer needs;
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service;
- Responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Meets commitments and is punctual.
- Follows policies and procedures;
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time;
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Flexible: Willing to step in when needed and crossed trained for additional administration/dental coverage or other site management as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality;
- Keeps emotions under control.
- Professional, welcoming, and pleasant personality.
- Consults CMO, Human Resource Director, COO or Practice Manager when dealing with Human Resources issues unrelated to clinical issues.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
|Oral and Written Communication:|
- Responds well to questions.
- Takes careful and accurate notes.
- Follows up on messages and ensures delivery of messages.
- Composes/types letters if requested by administration.
S/he must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. S/he must possess the ability to have difficult conversations in such manor where the employee feels valued, yet expectations are clear and consistent. Spanish speaking/Bilingual skills are a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office. Electronic Medical Records Experience is a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and application to:
|Mail: Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources |
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. Great Barrington, MA 01230
Download PDF for more information.