Job Title: Internal Medicine Physician
Department or Practice: Adams Internists
Location: Adams, MA
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full-time, benefits eligible
Community Health Programs seeks a BE/BC Internal Medicine Physician to join our primary care practice, located in the heart of Berkshire County. This full-time physician will join a dedicated team of healthcare professionals and will provide comprehensive, continued care to CHP patients. This will include routine and emergency office based care as well as health promotion and preventative care. The call coverage for this position is 1:8, phone coverage only. This office is a teaching site for Berkshire Medical Center’s Internal Medicine Residency Program. CHP offers excellent starting salaries (commensurate with experience) and highly competitive benefits. CHP will sponsor successful candidates who desire H1B or J1 visa and who meet all CIS requirements for same. Additionally, qualified candidates will be eligible for loan repayment programs under the NHSC.
The Internal Medicine Physician contributes to a work environment that is caring, collaborative, and innovative. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Work with the primary healthcare team to provide patients with primary medical care services within the standard of care for Internal Medicine patients; order laboratory and radiology tests and refer patients to specialists when appropriate and called for; analyze reports, test results, medical records and examinations to diagnose condition of patients and propose treatment options; record timely, complete and accurate medical records
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens to treat identified and documented medical conditions; discuss potential side effects of medication/treatment with patients and ensure that all allergy information is up-to-date before prescribing medication/treatment; provide advice to patients for lifestyle and diet changes that may improve their health or help to treat the health issue they are experiencing
- Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards
- Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all federal and state health information privacy laws
Provides supervision to professional and allied health care staff, such as Nurse Practitioners, Physicians Assistants, RNs, LPNs, and Medical Assistants, engaged in the delivery of patient care.
|Education and/or Experience:|
This position requires successful completion of academic requirements of an accredited medical school, must be board eligible or board certified. Electronic Medical Records experience is required. Maintain medical professional standards and knowledge by regularly attending medical conferences, seminars, continuing education programs, and by teaching medical residents, medical students and practitioners.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics; solicit feedback to improve performance
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments
- Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus
To apply for this position, please submit an application, a résumé, and cover letter to:
Mail: Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd./P.O. Box 30 Great Barrington, MA 01230