Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Department or Practice: Community Health Center
Location: Great Barrington, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full-time, benefits eligible
The CHP Licensed Practical Nurse triages patients by telephone or directly with CHP walk-in patients to determine the urgency and level of care needed. S/he is responsible for assisting in patient care under the guidance of the attending CHP physician.
The Licensed Practical Nurse contributes to a work environment that is caring, collaborative, and innovative. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures. As a team member at our health center, you will work with patients and staff who are racially and ethnically diverse; cultural competence is required.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Nursing support as directed:
- Triage patients by telephone or directly with walk-ins to determine the urgency and level of care needed, approving same day visits when appropriate.
- Manage all requests for prescription medication at the CHP site.
- Processes all laboratory results, pulling charts, reviewing and holding partials. Flagging abnormal for the Provider to review and filing normal. Contacting patients with lab results as directed.
- Administers immunizations including allergy shots.
- Assist physician in all procedures requiring nursing level support.
- Suture removals
- Dressing changes
- Ear lavages
- Lice checks
- Throat swabs
- Charting all procedures performed.
- Administrative support as ordered by the provider or clinical manager:
- Insures that billing codes are correct on procedures Assist with referrals to area specialist.
- Assist with running daily controls on lab equipment etc.
- Assist in charting quality assurance for HCG, strep, sickle cell, urinalysis dip stick as requested by providers.
- Assist with recording temperature of refrigerator for vaccine storage.
- Perform other or routine office duties as requested.
- Case management:
- PT-1 forms
- Patient Education – as directed by physician
- Instructing and assisting LPN and Medical Assistants as needed.
|Education and/or Experience:|
Associates or Bachelors degree of nursing from an accredited program.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments
To apply for this position submit an application, a cover letter, and résumé to:
|Mail: Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources |
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. / P.O. Box 30
Great Barrington, MA 01230