Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Department or Practice: Community Health Center
Location: Great Barrington, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full-time, benefits eligible
The CHP Licensed Practical Nurse triages patients by telephone or directly with CHP walk-in patients to determine the urgency and level of care needed. S/he is responsible for assisting in patient care under the guidance of the attending CHP physician.
The Licensed Practical Nurse contributes to a work environment that is caring, collaborative, and innovative. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Triage patients both by telephone or walk-in; approve same day visits when appropriate; assist with referrals to area specialists; PT-1 forms; patient education; supervise medical assistants as needed.
- Assist physicians in all procedures requiring nursing level support; administer immunizations as well as allergy shots; manage requests for prescription medication; process laboratory results, pull charts, review and hold partials- flagging abnormal for provider review and filing normal; contact patients with results as directed; chart all procedures performed.
- Assist with running daily controls on equipment; assist in charting for quality assurance (HCG, strep, sickle cell, urinalysis dipstick, etc.); ensure that billing codes are correct; other routine office duties as requested.
|Education and/or Experience:|
This position requires graduation of an accredited school of practical nursing. Must be licensed as a practical nurse in Massachusetts. A minimum of three years’ experience in an ambulatory setting is preferred. Electronic medical records experience is required. CPR certification is a plus.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments.
- Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit each of the following:
– Letter of Interest
|Applications accepted by:|
Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. / P.O. Box 30
Great Barrington, MA 01230