Job Title: Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
Department or Practice: Lee Family Practice
Location: Lee, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full-time, benefits eligible
CHP is committed to providing patients with access to a well-integrated team they know and trust who can meet all their healthcare needs in one location. Providing behavioral health services in-house allows for seamless, confidential information sharing between mental and physical health providers and decrease wait times after referrals.
In this model, patient care will be guided by the Primary Care Provider and will have access to a care team to coordinate and manage their treatment. For a patient in need of care, PCPs will be able to provide patients with a warm-handoff to a Licensed Clinical Social Worker just down the hall. The co-location of these providers not only provides convenient access to care for patients who experience transportation and schedule difficulties, it also provides significantly enhanced information sharing beyond a typical referral model. Additionally, utilizing a shared EMR helps to keep providers and patients on track toward treatment goals and measure progress regularly.
CHP seeks a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, at Lee Family Practice in Lee, MA to create comprehensive wrap around care for patients with mental, behavioral, substance use and developmental disorders. S/he will regularly follow-up with patients, community referrals, and Primary Care Providers and their schedule will be coordinated to accommodate walk-ins. They may have multiple visits with patients and/or families, coordinated with medical appointments for convenience of schedules and ease of communication. The LICSW will assess the needs of the patient and make the appropriate plans for future interactions, visits, and check-ins. This may include adults interacting with multiple trained care providers within a week’s time. It could also include interactions once a month with a trained provider. The nature of this program, and its unique ability to significantly impact patients, is that it is truly responsive to the individual needs of the patient. S/he will tailor the program to best serve patients and guide them toward the positive outcomes that will best support their health and wellbeing.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- The LICSWwill begin with an initial assessment of needs and development of a plan tosupport, intervene, and refer as appropriate to both internal and externalcommunity resources.
- Trackthe progress and compliance of the patients throughout the program.
- Commenceroutine communication and coordination with health care providers.
- Providewarm hand-offs to providers in the practice and in the community, support andeducate parents, help patients find mental health providers, arrange transportation,and other community services to address housing instability, food insecurity,domestic violence, or other Social Determinants of Health.
- Assessment of patients’ needs and development of a plan tosupport, intervene, and refer as appropriate to both internal and externalcommunity resources and tracking the progress and compliance of the patientsand/or families throughout the program.
- Being the Behavioral Care Manager for the health center,working with staff at all levels to coordinate care for the high risk patientswith behavioral health needs.
- Provide assessment and psychotherapeutic interventions forpatients of all ages regarding psycho-social concerns that may be related tolife stressors, acute and/or chronic medical/mental health conditions,motivational barriers to healthy lifestyle, and/or other identifiablebehavioral health concerns, while making appropriate recommendations to medicalproviders and patients.
|Education and/or Experience:|
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW). Master’s Degree in Social Work. Three years, full-time supervised experience. A minimum of 3,000 post- degree hours.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Competence in providing psychosocial assessments and therapy.
- Competence in establishing and following through on social work intervention and treatment plans.
- Ability to lead/facilitate family meetings and inter-discipline and Interagency groups.
- Competence with counseling, therapy and interventions with patient/family system.
- Ability to advocate for patient.
- Competence in medical records documentation.
- Ability to develop working relationships with other agencies in meeting client needs.
- Proven capacity for autonomous professional judgement and decision making.
- Proven capacity to provide appropriate crisis intervention.
- Displays courteous, caring, and proper concern for the human aspect of both patient and family.
- Continues education to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current trends and developments.
- Proven capacity to carry out multi- level interventions aimed at solving patient/family difficulties.
- Knowledge of and collaboration with (or referrals to) external health care providers.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Keeps emotions under control.
- Professional, welcoming, and pleasant personality.
- Consults CMO, Human Resource Director, COO or Practice Manager when dealing with Human Resources issues unrelated to clinical issues.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
|Oral and Written Communication:|
- Responds well to questions.
- Takes careful and accurate notes.
- Follows up on messages and ensures delivery of messages in a timely manner.
- Composes/types letters if requested by administration.
- Promotes a positive and professional image.
- Maintains proper communication with office and hospital personnel.
- Understands the importance of and fosters public relations.
- Completes reporting and score-cards as needed.
S/he must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. S/he must possess the ability to have difficult conversations with patients and coworkers alike, in such manor where the individual feels valued, yet expectations are clear and consistent. Spanish speaking/Bilingual skills are a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office and utilize Excel. Database skills are a plus. EMR experience is a plus.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter, resume and application to:
| Mail: Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources |
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. Great Barrington, MA 01230
Download PDF for more information.