Job Title: Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
Department or Practice: North Adams Family Medicine and Adams Internists
Location: North Adams & Adams, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full-time, benefits eligible
CHP seeks a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, at North Adams Family Medicine and Adams Internists in both North Adams and Adams, MA to create comprehensive wrap around care for patients with mental, behavioral, substance use and developmental disorders. S/he will regularly follow-up with patients, community referrals, and Primary Care Providers and their schedule will be coordinated to accommodate walk-ins. They may have multiple visits with patients and/or families, coordinated with medical appointments for convenience of schedules and ease of communication. The LICSW will assess the needs of the patient and make the appropriate plans for future interactions, visits, and check-ins. This may include children, adolescents, adults and/or families interacting with multiple trained care providers within a week’s time. It could also include interactions once a month with a trained provider. The nature of this program, and its unique ability to significantly impact patients, is that it is truly responsive to the individual needs of the patient. S/he will tailor the program to best serve patients and guide them toward the positive outcomes that will best support their health and wellbeing.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- The LICSW will begin with an initial assessment of needs and development of a plan to support, intervene, and refer as appropriate to both internal and external community resources.
- Track the progress and compliance of the patients and/or families throughout the program.
- Commence routine communication and coordination with health care providers.
- Provide warm hand-offs to providers in the practice and in the community, support and educate parents, help families find mental health providers, arrange transportation, and other community services to address housing instability, food insecurity, domestic violence, or other Social Determinants of Health that impact their children.
- Following the two-generation approach, the LICSW will provide support to both children and their parents.
- Provide assessment and psychotherapeutic interventions for patients of all ages regarding psycho-social concerns that may be related to life stressors, acute and/or chronic medical/mental health conditions, motivational barriers to healthy lifestyle, and/or other identifiable behavioral health concerns, while making appropriate recommendations to medical providers and patients.
|Education and/or Experience:|
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW). Master’s Degree in Social Work. Three years, full-time supervised experience. A minimum of 3,000 post- degree hours.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Competence in providing psychosocial assessments and therapy.
- Competence in establishing and following through on social work intervention and treatment plans.
- Ability to lead/facilitate family meetings and inter-discipline and Interagency groups.
- Competence with counseling, therapy and interventions with patient/family system.
- Ability to advocate for patient.
- Competence in medical records documentation.
- Ability to develop working relationships with other agencies in meeting client needs.
- Proven capacity for autonomous professional judgement and decision making.
- Proven capacity to provide appropriate crisis intervention.
- Displays courteous, caring, and proper concern for the human aspect of both patient and family.
- Continues education to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current trends and developments.
- Proven capacity to carry out multi- level interventions aimed at solving patient/family difficulties.
- Knowledge of and collaboration with (or referrals to) external health care providers.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Keeps emotions under control.
- Professional, welcoming, and pleasant personality.
- Consults CMO, Human Resource Director, COO or Practice Manager when dealing with Human Resources issues unrelated to clinical issues.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
|Oral and Written Communication:|
- Responds well to questions.
- Takes careful and accurate notes.
- Follows up on messages and ensures delivery of messages in a timely manner.
- Composes/types letters if requested by administration.
- Promotes a positive and professional image.
- Maintains proper communication with office and hospital personnel.
- Understands the importance of and fosters public relations.
- Completes reporting and score-cards as needed.
S/he must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. S/he must possess the ability to have difficult conversations with patients and coworkers alike, in such manor where the individual feels valued, yet expectations are clear and consistent. Spanish speaking/Bilingual skills are a plus.
Toperform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MicrosoftOffice and utilize Excel. Database skills are a plus. EMR experience is a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and application to:
| Mail: Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources |
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. Great Barringtong, MA 01230
Download PDF for more information.