Job Title: Practice Manager
Department or Practice: Adams Internists
Location: Adams, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full- time, benefits eligible
The Medical Practice Manager provides on-site supervision of the daily operations of the internal medicine office including: workflow, staff and schedules in our Adams Internists office in Adams, MA. S/he ensures that the medical practice has supplies and is staffed appropriately to care for CHP patients. S/he is responsible for all required compliance measures and that staff is fully trained in HIPAA, Infection Control, Case Management, and Admissions and any other aspects of patient care and competency training under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer and the Chief Medical Officer necessary to accomplish their jobs. S/he implements efficient systems and procedures which assure efficient operations and maximize productive use of staff time; to make certain that patients have timely access to health care; and to oversee the practice which assure the provision of quality care for all patients. The Medical Practice Manager supports the mission, vision, and values of CHP and follows all compliance protocols.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Ensures staff of CHP’s Health Center is fully trained in all aspects of compliance and any procedures necessary to accomplish their jobs and care for CHP patients.
- Works with the leadership of the Chief Operating Officer to implement systems to further the goals of the organization.
- Ensures HIPAA and Infection Control compliance protocol is followed.
- Oversee compliance of required laws that protect patients and the staff.
- Ensures Health Center staff is trained and accomplishes best possible customer service to patients’ and providers’ satisfaction.
- Responsible for submitting and approving payroll accurately.
- Responsible for staffing practice efficiently to support providers.
- Assures all staff competencies are completed on a yearly basis.
- Assures billing is accurate and submitted on a timely basis.
- Works with staff to improve collection rates for copayments and outstanding balances.
- Holds monthly staff meetings and submits minutes to the manager on a monthly basis.
- Implements and oversees all tracking of ancillary testing and specialty appointments.
- Responsible for ordering of office and medical supplies to ensure practice stays within budget.
- Participates in Operations Team and Managers Team to advance and create a great organization and workplace environment.
- Participates in Management/Leadership Meetings which include all staff meeting.
- Ensures that Practice Site is represented at CHP Monthly Staff Meetings by rotating staff participation.
- Conducts performance reviews for direct reports and is dedicated to ensuring their growth and learning as well as his/her own growth and learning.
- Provides monthly reports and statistics as requested for enrollment numbers, referrals, patient visits etc. as requested.
- Performs other related duties or tasks as requested by management.
|Education and/or Experience:|
Associate Degree. Prior experience either in or managing healthcare office is a plus.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage projects and personnel.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Employee relations – deals effectively with conflict resolution and employee issues.
- Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Meets commitments and is punctual.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Flexible: Willing to step in when needed and crossed trained for additional administration/medical coverage or other site management as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Keeps emotions under control.
- Professional, welcoming, and pleasant personality.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
|Oral and Written Communication:|
- Responds well to questions.
- Takes careful and accurate notes.
- Follows up on messages and ensures delivery of messages.
- Composes/types letters if requested by administration.
S/he must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. S/he must possess the ability to have difficult conversations in such manor where the employee feels valued, yet expectations are clear and consistent. Spanish speaking/Bilingual skills are a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office. EMR experience is a plus. Database skills are a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and application to:
|Mail: Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources |
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. Great Barrington, MA 01230
Download PDF for more information.