Job Title: Mobile Health Unit Coordinator/Van Driver
Department or Practice: CHP & ACO Partner’s Mobile Health Unit/Van
Location: Various Locations
Salary Level: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full-time, benefits eligible
The Mobile Health Unit Coordinator/Driver facilitates the overall services offered by the mobile unit. The Coordinator works closely with other department managers in creating the schedule for the mobile unit and its’ staff. The Coordinator is responsible for outreach and promotion of all mobile unit activities and acts as point of contact with outside entities including ACO medical practices and community organizations. The coordinator maintains strong community partnerships across Berkshire County. The Coordinator helps assure that the delivery of high quality, cost efficient, culturally sensitive services comply with all federal, state and local agency policies and procedures. Additionally the coordinator is responsible for driving the mobile health unit to scheduled events.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Develops and distributes written material on the mobile unit services and activities to the community and responds to community requests for information on services provided.
- Represents CHP, Berkshire Fallon ACO, and the mobile unit on community committees, and at outreach and community events.
- Coordinates quality assurance program for the mobile health unit.
- Acts as a liaison with schools and communities where services are provided.
- Conducts needs assessment and patient satisfaction surveys.
- Coordinates and publishes schedule for the mobile unit to ensure smooth operations.
- Plans and manages staffing of mobile unit employees, including medical and dental providers, nursing, outreach, patient services, dental staff, and drivers, in consultation with managers of those departments.
- Develops with supervisor work schedules and coordinates vacation time for mobile unit staff.
- Researches, plans and develops events from the conceptual stage, working closely with staff and other partnering organizations to ensure success.
- Coordinates activities with other supervisory personnel, and with other departments.
- Develops and maintains metrics reports to measure success of the events and sponsorships
- Researches areas of need and future mobile unit sites and identifies and contacts prospective new partners.
- Resolves customer complaints, and answers customers’ questions regarding policies and procedures. Prepares and submits reports based on findings and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works with business partners to manage best practices to attain maximum benefit to the community and sponsors.
|Education and/or Experience:|
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field is preferred. MUST have a valid Driver’s License.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual |
should demonstrate the following competencies
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance; ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance; possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments
To apply for this position, please submit an application, a cover letter, and résumé to:
Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. / P.O. Box 30 Great Barrington, MA 01230