Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
Department or Practice: Lee Family Practice
Location: Lee, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full-time, benefits eligible
Community Health Programs seeks a Nurse Practitioner to join our primary care office located in the heart of the Berkshires. The Nurse Practitioner provides specialized nursing services in areas that may include: internal medicine, family medicine, pediatric medicine, women’s health, family planning, primary and preventative care. The NP’s duties will be performed under the general supervision of the CMO. The NP is responsible for providing guidance to RNs, LPNs, and CMAs.
The Nurse Practitioner contributes to a work environment that is caring, collaborative, and innovative. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Obtain records of patients health history; perform comprehensive physical assessment as part of a total physical examination; diagnose, treat, and plan appropriate healthcare for patients; refer patients to physicians and/or outside agencies as required; establish and maintain patients electronic medical records and other necessary records.
- Provide and prescribe medications within area of specialty; perform laboratory procedures and interpret lab results; provide case management services for select clients; provide group, community, and individual patient education.
|Education and/or Experience:|
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of nursing, master’s degree in nursing, and completion of a state acceptable nurse practitioner’s program are required. A minimum of one year’s experience is preferred. National certification in specialty is preferred.
Necessary special requirements: Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse; certified by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Nurse Practitioner; prescriptive privileges; DEA.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Thorough knowledge of nursing techniques and procedures, medical and lab equipment procedures, and medication; proficient in use of medical and laboratory equipment; skill in diagnostic procedures for diseases and the drug therapy needed for treatment.
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments.
- Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit each of the following:
– Letter of Interest
|Applications accepted by:|
Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. / P.O. Box 30
Great Barrington, MA 01230