Job Title: Dental Assistant
Department or Practice: North Adams Family Medical & Dental
Location: North Adams, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Part-time, 16hrs/week
Community Health Programs seeks a Registered Dental Assistant to join our dental practice, located in the heart of Berkshire County. The Dental Assistant is responsible for rooming patients and assisting Dentists and Dental Hygienists as requested. The desired candidate has a pleasant and welcoming personality and is willing to travel to CHP’s various practices in Berkshire County if needed.
The Dental Assistant contributes to a work environment that is caring, collaborative, and innovative. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Prepare dental treatment room/dental operatory; practice infection control by sterilizing and disinfecting instruments, setting up instrument trays, and preparing materials.
- Provide excellent patient care; collect and record medical and dental histories; prepare patients for dental work; record treatment information in patient records; assist in dental procedures as requested; provide patient education and follow up instruction.
- Expose dental x-rays from dental diagnostics and care for x-ray equipment.
- Give patients information on dental hygiene, oral healthcare, and plaque control programs.
- Change/update service profiles to accommodate dental providers scheduling needs; answer, screen, and route outside calls as necessary; supply information to callers and record messages; perform clerical duties as requested; communicate with outside agencies as directed by dental provider.
|Education and/or Experience:|
Registered and licensed with the state of Massachusetts as a Registered Dental Assistant. DANB certification is required.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments.
- Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit each of the following:
– Cover Letter
|Applications accepted by:|
Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. / P.O. Box 30
Great Barrington, MA 01230