Job Title: Receptionist
Department or Practice: Neighborhood Health Center
Location: Pittsfield, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full-time, benefits eligible
The Medical Receptionist welcomes patients to the Health Center and checks all pre-exam requirements including patient information. They collect co-payment and notifies clinic that patients have arrived for their appointments. They are responsible for the providers’ schedules and insure that patients and providers are notified accordingly.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Answers, screens, and routes outside calls to appropriate areas.
- Checks to ensure referrals are received.
- Collects co-pays.
- Insures that all pre-exam information is up to date and accurate before appointments.
- Makes reminder or re-scheduling phone calls.
- Provides excellent customer service skills and welcomes patients to the medical practice.
- Provides schedule support for CHP medical providers.
- Performs clerical duties as requested.
- Supplies information to callers and records messages.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Customer Service- manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a busy office setting.
- Follows up on messages and ensures delivery of messages.
- Flexible: Willing to step in when needed and crossed trained for additional administration/dental coverage or other site management as needed.
- Meets commitments and is punctual.
- Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Responds well to questions.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Takes careful and accurate notes.
- Works respectfully with staff.
Our health center believes that first impressions are lasting impressions; therefore, we are looking for candidates who can provide patients with a positive experience and excellent customer service when they come in to register for health care services. You must be able to maintain a positive, calm and professional presence when patients come in either stressed or ill. You must possess the ability to have difficult conversations in such manor where the person feels valued, yet expectations are clear and consistent. As a team member at our health center, you will work with patients and staff who are racially and ethnically diverse; cultural competence is required.
|Oral and Written Communication:|
S/he must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office. Electronic Medical Records experience is a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit an application, resume, and cover letter to:
|Mail: Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources |
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. Great Barrington, MA 01230