Job Title: Receptionist
Department or Practice: North Adams Family Medical & Dental
Location: North Adams, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full-time, benefits eligible
Community Health Programs seeks a Receptionist to join our primary care practice located in the heart of the Berkshires. The Medical Receptionist welcomes patients to the Health Center and checks all pre-exam requirements including patient information. This person collects co-payments and notifies the clinic that patients have arrived for their appointments. Receptionists are responsible for the providers’ schedules and insure that patients and providers are notified accordingly.
The Receptionist contributes to a work environment that is caring, collaborative, and innovative. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Welcome patients to the Health Center; ensure that all pre-exam information is up to date and accurate before appointments; collect co-payments; make sure that referrals are received.
- Provide schedule support to providers; perform clerical duties as requested; provide information to patients/outside callers; record and deliver messages.
- Answer, screen, and route outside calls to the appropriate area or individual; conduct scheduling/reminder/re-scheduling phone calls to patients.
|Education and/or Experience:|
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Three or more months of reception experience is preferred. Electronic medical records experience is preferred.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments.
- Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit each of the following:
– Cover Letter
|Applications accepted by:|
Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. / P.O. Box 30
Great Barrington, MA 01230