Job Title: Receptionist
Department or Practice: South County Practices
Location: Primarily Great Barrington
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full-time, benefits eligible
Our health center believes that first impressions are lasting impressions; therefore, we are looking for candidates who can provide patients with a positive experience and excellent customer service when they come in to register for health care services. Our patients may be ill or injured when they arrive at our facility and if you are a compassionate and caring person, we believe, you will be more empathetic to their situation. You must be able to maintain a positive, calm and professional presence when patients come in either stressed or ill. When patients have questions not related to being registered for health services, you must possess the ability to provide internal customer service and work successfully and collegially with other departments. As a team member at our health center, you will work with patients and staff who are racially, ethnically diverse, so being culturally competent is required. The Medical Receptionist welcomes patients to the Health Center and checks all pre-exam requirements including patient information. They collect co-payment and notifies clinic that patients have arrived for their appointments. They are responsible for the providers’ schedules and insure that patients and providers are notified accordingly.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Provides excellent customer service skills and welcomes patients to the medical practice.
- Provides schedule support for CHP medical providers.
- Collects co-pays.
- Insures that all pre-exam information is up to date and accurate before appointments.
- Makes reminder or re-scheduling phone calls.
- Checks to ensure referrals are received.
- Answers, screens, and routes outside calls to appropriate areas.
- Supplies information to callers and records messages.
- Performs clerical duties as requested.
|Education and/or Experience:|
High School or equivalent. Prior experience is a plus.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage projects and personnel.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations;
- Works respectfully with staff.
- Responds promptly to customer needs;
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service;
- Responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Meets commitments and is punctual.
- Follows policies and procedures;
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time;
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Flexible: Willing to step in when needed and crossed trained for additional administration/dental coverage or other site management as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality;
- Keeps emotions under control.
- Professional, welcoming, and pleasant personality.
- Consults CMO, Human Resource Director, COO or Practice Manager when dealing with Human Resources issues unrelated to clinical issues.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
|Oral and Written Communication:|
- Responds well to questions.
- Takes careful and accurate notes.
- Follows up on messages and ensures delivery of messages.
- Composes/types letters if requested by administration.
S/he must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. S/he must possess the ability to have difficult conversations in such manor where the employee feels valued, yet expectations are clear and consistent. Spanish speaking/Bilingual skills are a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office. Electronic Medical Records Experience is a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit an application, cover letter and resume to:
|Email: email@example.com |
| Mail: Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources |
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. Great Barrington, MA 01230
Download PDF for more information.