Job Title: Registered Nurse
Department or Practice: North Adams Family Medical and Dental
Location: North Adams, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate withe experience
Position Type: Full-time, benefits eligible
Community Health Programs seeks a Registered Nurse to join our primary care practice, located in the heart of Berkshire County. The RN triages patients by telephone or walk-in to determine the urgency and level of care needed. The RN is responsible for assisting the Practice Manager in the supervision of clinical support staff working within the office and for assisting in patient care under the guidance of CHP Physicians. Duties will be performed as assigned and allowed under their license.
The Registered Nurse contributes to a work environment that is caring, collaborative, and innovative. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Triage patients both by telephone or walk-in; approve same day visits when appropriate; assist with referrals to area specialists; PT-1 forms; patient education; supervising medical assistants as needed
- Assist physicians in all procedures requiring nursing level support; administers immunizations as well as allergy shots; manage requests for prescription medication; process laboratory results, pull charts, review and hold partials- flagging abnormal for provider review and filing normal; contacting patients with results as directed; chart all procedures performed
- Assist with running daily controls on equipment; assist in charting for quality assurance (HCG, strep, sickle cell, urinalysis dipstick, etc.); ensures that billing codes are correct; other routine office duties as requested
|Education and/or Experience:|
This position requires graduation with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of nursing. Must have a current nursing license from the Massachusetts Nursing Board of Registration. A minimum of three years’ experience in an ambulatory setting is preferred. Electronic medical records experience is required. CPR certification is a plus.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments
- Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus
To apply for this position, please submit each of the following:
– Cover Letter
|Applications accepted by:
Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. / P.O. Box 30
Great Barrington, MA 01230