Job Title: WIC Nutritionist
Department or Practice: WIC/Family Services
Location: Great Barrington, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Part-time**
The WIC Nutritionist counsels, educates, and develops therapeutic nutritional goals for clients of WIC. S/he contributes to the mission of CHP. **This position is for 29hrs/week until July first, at which point it will be a per diem position.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Conducts a nutrition assessment and obtains nutrition history from clients/patients.
- Consults with physician and other health care personnel to determine patient’s nutritional needs and diet restrictions.
- Develops and implements plan of care based on assessment of nutritional needs and available sources, and correlates plan with other healthcare.
- Instructs patients about meal plan and dietary changes, and establishes goals and objectives to help meet the plan.
- Develops and implement nutrition education programs. Develops nutrition related educational material.
- Reviews, recommends, and selects nutrition education and visual aid material for guidance of patients.
- Evaluates nutritional care and provides follow-up continuity of care.
- Documents nutrition care plans and information into patient’s medical records.
|Education and/or Experience:|
Master’s degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Position requires a level of specialized knowledge normally acquired through Bachelors, or a Master’s degree in Dietetics, as well as a supervised practice experience in food and nutrition, or a dietetic internship. The Nutritionist must be registered through the American Dietetic Association, or registration eligible.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Subject matter expert and keeps knowledge current by attending required trainings and meetings.
- Applies specialized knowledge and techniques to nutrition related health issues.
- Knowledge of and respect for HIPAA regulations.
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Handles issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Upholds organizational values
- Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Takes initiative, follows through, and manages different tasks with quick turn-around time.
- Works well under pressure, and with minimal supervision.
- Follows CHP policies and procedures.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Excellent time-management skills.
|Oral and Written Communication:|
Prepares and presents statistical and other reports oral or written as required.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format; has ability to effectively present information to physicians and CHP management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and application to:
| Mail: Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources |
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. Great Barrington, MA 01230
Download PDF for more information.