Updated April 14, 2021
COVID-19 cases continue to fluctuate in our community. At this time, our medical and dental offices are shifting to meet the demands of patient care. We ARE seeing patients inside the medical and dental offices. We will continue to ask screening questions and may discuss holding your appointment virtually.
Recently CHP has partnered with BHS to provide county wide testing capabilities to our CHP patients. Vaccines will be distributed via a coordinated effort between CHP, Berkshire Health Systems and county health agencies at 3 locations across the County. Click on the COVID vaccine information tab for more information.
Please review the information below to learn more about symptoms, testing, the vaccine and how to protect yourself, your loved ones, and our Berkshire community.
Everyone has a role to play in stopping the spread of the Novel Coronavirus, COVID-19. Please remember that one of the greatest sources of spread are people who have COVID-19 who are not experiencing symptoms. Therefore, following these methods of protection for self and others is very important, even after you are vaccinated:
- WEAR A MASK
- PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING
- WASH YOUR HANDS REGULARLY
- Avoid gathering indoors with people who are not in your household
- Screen for symptoms- if you feel ill, stay home.
- Get Vaccinated!
- Individual symptoms indicative of Covid infection in the absence of other symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- New loss of taste or smell
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Symptoms requiring co-existence of other indicative symptoms:
- Congestion or runny nose
The pandemic is an ongoing public health crisis and information is constantly changing.
If you have been exposed or possibly exposed to a person who has tested positive to COVID-19, here are guidelines to follow. COVID-19 Exposure Guidelines Click Here
Do you have symptoms that concern you? See this guide for a quick check- when to call us if it might be COVID-19.
As always, if you are sick please call us, and stay home if you are able. In an emergency, always call 911.
Your health is our concern. Whether you think you may have COVID-19 symptoms or any other ailment, please call us. We are here to care for you in sickness and in health.
Despite the challenges of COVID-19, CHP’s health care clinicians are busy every day caring for patients — with telemedicine, mobile health units, parking lot tents, and in-person appointments. Contact your CHP clinician’s office with any health concerns you may have, and we will review your options with you. Learn more about telemedicine here.
If you have or need an appointment:
- At this time, CHP’s dental team is providing care, with priority to emergency dental patients. Please call your practice for an appointment; please do not come to our office without an appointment.
- If you have a scheduled upcoming medical appointment for any reason, we will contact you to discuss your vital signs, symptoms (if any), and general health information.
- At that time, we may recommend that you come into your practice for your scheduled appointment, or,
- We may arrange an appointment for you and your clinician to discuss your health by telemedicine.
- Our guidelines for Telemedicine are HERE.
- If you are seen via telehealth, this appointment will be covered by your insurance.
- In some instances, we may send a clinician or home health visitor to your home to check on your or to help you set up a video appointment.
- We may arrange to see you in one of our mobile health units, in our offices or in a private outdoor setting at a practice location.
- We are seeing behavioral health clients and nutrition clients via telemedicine at this time. Please call us — we want to see you and work with you.
- Clean and disinfect commonly touched objects and surfaces by using household cleaning sprays or disposable wipes.
We will update these recommendations as we learn more about the COVID-19 virus.
For further updates and information, please visit:
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Coronavirus Updates
U.S. State Department (Travel Advisory Resources)