Job Title: Internal OR Family Medicine Physician
Department or Practice: North Adams Family Medicine
Location: North Adams, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full- time, Benefits eligible
Community Health Programs seeks a BE/BC Family OR Internal Medicine Physician to join our busy family medicine office located in the heart of the Berkshires. This full time physician will join a dedicated team of healthcare providers and will provide comprehensive and continued care to CHP patients. This will include routine and emergency office based care, support of health promotion and preventative medical care. CHP offers an excellent starting salary (commensurate with experience) and highly competitive benefits. CHP will sponsor successful candidates who desire an H1B or J1 visa and who meet all CIS requirements for same. In addition, qualified candidates will be eligible for loan repayment programs under the NHSC.
The Physician contributes to a work environment that is caring, collaborative, and innovative. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Provides comprehensive and continuing care to CHP patients; obtains records of patients health history; performs comprehensive physical assessment as part of a total physical examination; diagnoses, treats, and plans appropriate healthcare for patients; refers patients to physicians and/or outside agencies as required; establishes and maintains patients electronic medical records and other necessary records
- Provides and prescribes medications within area of specialty; performs laboratory procedures and interprets lab results; provides case management services for select clients; provides group, community, and individual patient education; participates in the on-call physician group
- Participates in patient care audits for quality assurance and utilization reviews to maintain and improve the patient care standard of excellence; maintains medical professional standards and knowledge by attending continuing education programs; may provide administrative management input for staff including performance reviews, hiring decisions, disciplinary actions, etc.
Provides supervision to professional and allied health care staff as well as residents engaged in the delivery of patient care.
|Education and/or Experience:|
This position requires successful completion of academic requirements of an accredited medical school. Electronic medical records experience is required.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual shoulddemonstrate the following competencies|
- Thorough knowledge of medical techniques and procedures, medical and lab equipment procedures, and medication; proficient in use of medical and laboratory equipment; skill in diagnostic procedures for diseases and the drug therapy needed for treatment
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments
- Spanish speaking/bilingual is a plus
To apply for this position, please submit each of the following:
– Cover Letter
|Mail: Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources |
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. / P.O. Box 30
Great Barrington, MA 01230