Job Title: Receptionist
Department or Practice: Adams Internists
Locations: Adams, MA
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full-time, benefits eligible
Our health center believes that first impressions are lasting impressions; therefore, we are looking for candidates who can provide patients with a positive experience and excellent customer service when they come in to register for health care services. The Medical Receptionist welcomes patients to the Health Center and checks all pre-exam requirements, including patient information, collects co-payments, and notifies the clinic that patients have arrived for their appointments. They are responsible for the providers’ schedules and insure that patients and providers are notified accordingly.
The Medical Receptionist contributes to a work environment that is caring, collaborative, and innovative. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures. As a team member at our health center, you will work with patients and staff who are racially and ethnically diverse; cultural competence is required.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities: other duties may be assigned|
- Welcome patients to the Health Center; ensure that all pre-exam information is up to date and accurate before appointments; collect co-payments; make sure that referrals are received
- Provide schedule support to providers; perform clerical duties as requested; provide information to patients/outside callers; record and deliver messages
- Answer, screen, and route outside calls to the appropriate area or individual; conduct scheduling/reminder/re-scheduling phone calls to patients
|Education and/or Experience:|
High-school diploma or equivalent. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office. Electronic Medical Records experience is a plus.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies|
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and ethics
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve performance
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and assistance
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and timely
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule commitments
To apply for this position, please submit an application, a cover letter, and résumé to:
|Email: email@example.com |
|Kelly Krok, Director, Human Resources |
Community Health Programs, Inc.
444 Stockbridge Rd. / P.O. Box 30 Great Barrington, MA 01230